05/07/2008

Scanning the past


In the days before digital I was a film and polaroid (well Fuji Instax to be precise) junkie. I swore I'd never go digital. When APS (remember that) came along I scoffed at people getting them. But now that I've been shooting digital for three years I can see a flaw with my film shooting days, completely self-inflicted. I did not date a single film. I have no idea from what year my past adventures in film are from. I can guess by using diaries but I don't know where they all are. I think these are from 1998. Such a long long time ago. As you can see Little Mo was there already. We took silly pictures then too and I remember being so chuffed of having caught Little Mo mid-yawn. Me and the hubby also used to make each other Valentine's cards (a tradition we have to start up again), the last picture was my last second effort that year. I now have about 14 000 digital images and hardly any of them printed. There's that self-inflicted flaw again. Ten years from now I might not be able to look through pictures from now. I think I better get printing pronto!

Have a great weekend!

daily draw - a flickr set by krisatomic

7 comments:

  1. what a lovely past you have :) i have been having a lot of film vs. digital discussions lately. And im all for digital. almost all. at least i know it is what suits me. But i did get a little stressed by your note about printing, since it is something i have not done at all ... yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sweet, little mo-bilden är jättetjusig. vet du, jag springer på loppisar som en liten råtta och letar efter en analog systemkamera. har bara fotat digitalt de senaste tio åren. nu ska jag iväg till en loppis i hopp om fynd ;) ha en jätteskön helg och lycka till med pianot! kram.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah. jag borde också printa. ver kli gen. har inte printat en bild sedan kameraköpet för typ 2 år sedan. dessa var jättefina! jätte! dubbelfejan är asbra. ha ha ha!
    kul att se lite analogt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jag vill ockås få lite papper i handen på riktigt likksom...men det blir aldrig av. Min lillebror har övertygat mig att jag MÅSTE göra album till Lova också, hur det nu ska hinnas med. Jag som tänkte vad skönt att slippa det nu när allt är digitalt. Men bror min har rätt album är något speciellt. PS: vad är famapa?

    ReplyDelete
  5. vi borde alla printa för vem vet vad för datorer vi har om tio år!! tänk vilken panik man skulle få om det visade sig att jpegs försvinner helt och hållet, vad gör vi då??

    sara: ett album till Lova skulle vara nåt hon och hennes familj sen kan uppskatta för alltid och om det känns jobbigt att hinna printa gör en bok på blurb.com vett ja! borde jag också göra...
    famapa är vad min mans brorson kallade mig innan han kunde prata ordentligt som riktigt liten och det har hängt med sen dess...

    ReplyDelete
  6. digital is great, but we finally never see the pictures... unless we blog them :D

    i love that first photo, so peaceful..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I totally agree. I explicitly remember holding off on digital for so long telling my friends with digital cameras, "But I never see your prints!" :) And I remember getting film developed and seeing all the crappy pictures-but years later noticing little interesting details I hadn't seen at first. Now, no one develops the crappy pictures.
    p.s. I also remember being stubborn about email:"But you'll have no letters to keep!"
    Fun posts you have.
    -kimberley

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.