31/07/2008

Beneath




I'm now back home in London and it's almost as warm here as it was in Stockholm (although over here it feels like it could end right this minute and that autumn could arrive at the party just a bit too early)! I had such a lovely time in my hometown and would like to go back soon, once a year just isn't it enough. These chandeliers hang in my godfather's flat there and he was so happy to see these pictures as he'd never really noticed the pattern they make from below. Funnily enough I have him to thank for my constant picture-taking as he gave me my first camera when I was 10 (a Canon FT) and patiently explained F-stops to me over and over again. I'm so lucky to have him in my life, I just wish someone would crack teleportation soon so I could pop round for a cup of tea and a chat whenever I want.

7 comments:

  1. oh, så flott! jättefina allihop och så fint med din gudfader! :) låter fint alltihop, så schysst med en fotomentor så tidigt i livet också. jag håller tummarna för teleporteringen jag med...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the delicate geometry in these photos is so lovely. and your story warms my heart as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. snöflingor, aaah. kyyyla ;) välkommen hem igen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just discovering your blog -via Flickr groups- and like it a lot! Lovely pictures from below.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I just realise we have the same links on the side bar ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these series, the pictures remind me of my mom's flat and chandeliers
    :)
    By the way, teletransportation is my eldest daughter's favourite game (imagining it, of course...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Åh jag vet hur det känns det där med
    att vara så nära och ändå långt borta på samma gång...
    Fina bilder och minnen!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.